Oh, this is so cool. Eric Drexler is working on a new book. Will be out next year. It’s called Radical Abundance. A must read for Singulatarians.
Radical abundance is a concept that should be dealt with in-depth. And Drexler’s the man who can do it. It’s so crucial to understanding something of the process that we will go through as we approach the Singularity.
Put this book on your wish list:
- The nature of science and engineering, and the prospects for a deep transformation in the material basis of civilization.
- Why all of this is surprisingly understandable.
- A personal narrative of the emergence of the molecular nanotechnology concept and the turbulent history of progress and politics that followed
- The quiet rise of macromolecular nanotechnologies, their power, and the rapidly advancing state of the art
- Incremental paths toward advanced nanotechnologies, the inherent accelerators, and the institutional challenges
- The technologies of radical abundance, what they are, and what they will enable
- Disruptive solutions for problems of economic development, energy, resource depletion, and the environment
- Potential pitfalls in competitive national strategies; shared interests in risk reduction and cooperative transition management
- Steps toward changing the conversation about the future